IEHP Atlantic Connection
WHO/WHAT IS THE IEHP ATLANTIC CONNECTION?
The Atlantic Connection is a consortium of stakeholders, created in 2005, with a goal of attracting, integrating and retaining Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHPs) to the healthcare systems of Atlantic Canada. Play the YouTube video to the right to learn more about the Atlantic Connection.
To attract, integrate and retain IEHPs to the health care systems in Atlantic Canada by building on regional IEHP initiatives under the Atlantic Integration Framework, with an evaluation system that measures progress towards and achievement of identified outcomes.
Atlantic Canada is a region of choice for internationally educated health care workers immigrating to Canada.
THE CORE VALUES OF THE ATLANTIC CONNECTION FOR IEHPs:
2. Involvement of IEHPs in decision-making;
3. Intercultural inclusiveness model that values IEHPs experience;
4. Equitable service for IEHPs;
5. Intergovernmental Collaboration;
6. Long Term Sustainability.